The Destiny Gundam from Seed Destiny just arrived as a new HG kit with some pretty cool effect parts! I’m really looking forward to seeing what the Wings of Light look like on the final kit. Let’s jump right in!
On the left, we get a front and back shot of the completed, painted kit, without the effect parts. And on the right, we jump into the gimmicks and effects!
The text is a bit cut off in my image but I’m filling in the blanks. Here’s what Bandai has to point out about this kit:
- Shield is operable.
- The Palma Fiocina and Wings of Light effects has (sic) been recreated with clear parts.
- The Beam Rifle can be mounted onto the waist
I don’t really know what they mean by “operable” for the shield — if you do, let me know in the comments!
- Wide range of motion and various gimmicks allow the reproduction of powerful actions.
- The shoulders and stomach joints have adopted an articulation gimmick that can move accordingly to the form of the MS.
- Various armaments, such a the Arandight Beam Sword and High-energy Beam Cannon, are included.
And as always, we get a bit of a history lesson on the Gundam, too.
A: Blue, clear blue, yellow, white
B1 & B2: Offwhite
C1 & C2: Grey
D2: Light green
Clear pink effect parts for the Wings of Light!
While we’re here, if you want to see how to make your Gunpla photography even better, check out AllDaLazurs’ tutorial series on real laser effects! You can use these methods to take some even better photos of the Wings of Light!
And finally, polycaps and foil stickers!
Get yours here:
– 1/144 HGCE Destiny Gundam