So over the weekend we went to Wonder Festival 2014 Summer. Considering how brutal the heat was, we still managed to have a good time as well as catch up with various friends too. As a rule “WonFes” is split into two parts; commercial previews of toys/kits on the way and home made garage kits made and sold by fans. In between all that you have cosplayers being leered at. Here’s our breakdown of what we saw on the commercial preview side of things.
Interestingly, Bandai weren’t present at this show (though they were here at the Winter show earlier this year). We’re hoping that this was a blip, as Bandai’s showings are normally pretty epic. That aside, all the other major players were pretty much present.
Anyway, here are a few of our personal highlights…
– We got to see the newly announced PlayStation Optimus Prime made by Takara. This is a follow on to the MegaDrive Megatron. Both were designed by our good friend Junji Okubo (who also designed the new Terra Cresta ship on display too).
– There was a full sized Chamber cockpit from Gargantia, looked pretty cool and you could sit in it too.
– Honda had a Tsugumori styled bike from Knights of Sidonia. Again, you could sit on it if you wanted.
– The MetamorForce Dancouga was amazing to behold, we’re hoping they do a Final version too.
– The new MetamorForce DinoGetter toys were amazing.
– We’ll be getting a new version of Gaiking called The Knight, again part of Sentinel’s MetamorForce line. Looked good too.
– The Riobot Anubis was very nice and as good as the already released Jehuty in terms of sculpt and detailing.
– The Megahouse Orguss was beautiful and had lots of diecast already present in the joints. The sculpt was supremely nice too.
– The Volks LED Mirage injection plastic kit is immense and very nice indeed. We’ve seen it before but the display broke down the individual parts nicely.
– A massive Optimus Prime from Fewture, which sadly didn’t transform. The internal workings were really nice though.
– Arcadia’s lineup was a bit dull on the Macross front but the upcoming VF-0D looked good.
– The winner of a Kotobukiya model contest had made the final boss from Armored Core Verdict Day and it was amazingly done.
Anyway, enjoy the pictures below and we’ll be following this up with another post all about the garage kits side of things soon.
You need to login in order to like this post: click here