I guess I should post some work in progress pictures, this is not the completed engine but up to where the instructions say to complete. I follow the instructions somewhat but not really step by step, it’s one of those things where you look 3 pages ahead only to decide what to to now.
After looking online for different suggestions as to how remove chrome plating I decided to use bleach, worked well and was able to paint the parts how I wanted. I am not really following any particular color code only from what I can see online as to how a part should be painted and from what I remember from working on my own cars. The engine has a few photo-etched pieces but not many.
I’ll be working on the frame/bottom part of the kit next and hopefully post a few more actual WIP pictures of it.
I added the super glue bottle next to the engine for scale purposes.
Very nice engine. Bleach is my friend getting rid of that plated chrome… I use to use Autosol as a stripper which was good for polishing real chrome! But Bleach does a better job in a matter of an hour or two.
I tried CLR first but wasn’t seeing any results, then tried bleach and within seconds the chrome started coming off